Civil and structural engineer of record for two planer mill projects. Structural engineer of record for three southern yellow pine log processing, lumber cutting, sizing, stacking and storage equipment upgrade projects. Log Gang line expansion facility. Wood yard projects include dry shavings and chip transfer systems, truck dumper. Pelletizing hammer mill project design in support of lead office engineer of record. Ancillary support structures include pre-engineered metal buildings, guard shacks, break rooms, office buildings, MCC buildings, office spaces and maintenance shops. Performed Life Safety Code, and Fire Code compliance studies were provided on the planer mill projects and reviewed by a senior architect.
Equipment support civil/structural engineering services are summarized as follows:
- Log yard truck loading area roadway structural upgrades, truck movement study and main entrance concepts. Detailed proposal submitted November 2019. Follow up in Spring 2020.
- Gang saw and supply line addition. New PEMB on concrete deck on steel frame. 24-foot-high retaining walls. Conveying systems. Operator shed. Construction in progress.
- Wet side hammer mill structure. Approx. 50 feet high). Under construction.
- Log yard water storage pond, spray system and drainage improvements. Detailed proposal submitted November 2019. Follow up in Spring 2020.
- Planer Mill project with ancillary structures. Construction completed December 2019.
- Plywood manufacturing facility plant rehabilitation. Roofing project and wood glulam framing restoration and reinforcement. Under construction.
- Log Grapple Hook System-Accident assessment report completed. Support structure design proposal follow up to be provided in Spring 2020.
- Planer Mill expansion project with ancillary structures. Construction completed December 2019.
- Wood framed office building. Construction completed September 2019.
- Log Cant saw support steel structure 12 feet above finish floor. Completed Summer 2018.
- Dry shaving transfer conveyors, bucket elevator, transfer towers and truck dumper. Under construction.
- Assorted belt, chain and vibratory conveyors support foundations.
- Lumber unscrambler, sorter, stacker replacement structures 12 feet above finish floor. Completed Summer 2018.
- Dry and wet chip conveyors, bucket elevators, transfer towers. Approx. 50 feet high), storage bunders and radial stacker. Under construction.
- Misc. projects include chipper foundations, jib cranes, monorails and gantry cranes.
Projects were completed in the following states: ME, GA, LA, MS, AL, AR, CO. Additional projects have been completed in NH and MA. The total estimated cost of all projects listed are estimated to exceed $70 Million.
Vendor equipment was provided by several manufacturers. No structural plans, loading conditions or pertinent design information was retained out of respect for the proprietary nature of the manufacture’s design, fabrication and construction practices. No additional information on equipment is available. Mechanical system performance and system requirements (beyond loading requirements) are beyond the scope of practices for the civil/structural engineering services provided on past, present and future projects unless specifically retained by the client for that service. The sharing of practices and procedures between clients will not occur unless permission is obtained in writing.
Additional details on the full scope of civil/structural experiences, including coordination with the Project Managers Ron served and home office CAD support drafters and designers, support received are available at 207-852-2184. Project Manager contact information will be provided upon request. Ron has no affiliation with any specific engineering firm, wood products manufacturer or equipment supplier but is in the process of building business alliances for future ventures that will provide superior client services.